Tuesday, June 4, 2013


People have asked me, and honestly, I have sometimes asked myself if I ever get tired of being "green", if I have ever become exhausted form following the green rules. I chuckle as I admit that I have. There have been those guilty moments, actually many of them, in my long journey on this path. I have felt exhausted, and not only so, a small baby step can trigger anything in the wide spectrum of reactions ranging from elation of achievement, the perspiring grit of persistence and the slump of a what's-the-use delirium. I have had them all over time. Reaching the pinnacle of a balanced environmentally conscious living is one thing and continuing to live it day in and day out is quite another. Moments come, when the tired ghost of the consumer rises, tickling you to succumb and choose the easy life of the happy-go-lucky urbanite of the use-n-throw era.

I would say, changing your lifestyle around completely towards a compassionate and sustainable way of life takes immense courage and deeper integrity. It is not for the weak hearted, believe me. So, if I am on this path, I will have to equip myself with the attitude of a mountain climber, the cliff hangers that do not let go at the edge of the precipice. I encourage myself to put one step ahead of the other and that is all that matters at that moment.  It helps me to stay focused and to live in the present moment and to live it completely. That is the fuel for my green vehicle! That way, I may slow down at times, but I will never be out of gas!

1 comment:

  1. Walking in the neighborhood on the nights before the scheduled trash pick up days of the week, it confounds me to find so many people putting out cardboard boxes, flattened cardboard with their regular trash pick up. They have all been given those green recycling tubs for the Friday recyclable pick up. It's a shame that more than half of the households still do not recycle to the full capacity. I hate myself for hesitating to approach each one of them individually simply to explain and request them to recycle more. I hope some of you will encourage me to do that. I need your motivation! Thanks for being there to support me.

    ReplyDelete